- Simultaneous conversion between MIDI, DIN SYNC, and USB/MIDI
- Control external devices with SBX-1 as the master sync source
- Shuffle adds swing to patterns generated on devices without swing, such as TR-808 and TB-303
- CV/GATE jacks introduce enormous creative possibilities
- SYNC button corrects timing errors with a single press
MULTI-FORMAT SYNC FOR COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTS
The SBX-1 lets computers and electronic instruments communicate and synchronize with each other. It supports a vast array of both analog and digital devices through DIN SYNC, MIDI and USB, and any of these can be the master clock source. You can use the SBX-1 itself as the master sync and control your external devices with its rock-steady internal clock. With hands-on control over timing and groove, and support for CV/GATE, the SBX-1 is far from just an ordinary sync box.
Adventures Through Time
The SBX-1 converts incoming performance information from an external device to both CV (pitch) and GATE (note) signals, so it offers possibilities far beyond what you would expect from a simple sync box. You can use it to play analog or modular synths. You can output the LFOs that you create in the SBX-1 along with performance information, modulate them, and even use them as trigger signals.
You can also add analog and modular devices to your computer-based production environment, or design totally new and innovative live performance setups that combine AIRA gear, such as TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1, with vintage analog or modular synths. The SBX-1 not only bridges worlds—it opens doors to entirely new ones.
1 X Roland SBX-1